Viki
Viki, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for all levels.
1680453
Type Your Question Here...

What is the term, phrase or word when a group of people ...

What is the term, phrase or word when a group of people collectively agree on something because it is easier then acknowledging what actually needs to be done. For example A says to BCD and E that they need to something they agree however when it comes to the review they all say it was never agreed.
Category: General
Expert:  Viki replied 9 years ago.

There are a few different ways to describe this situation:

You could say that the group was engaging in a rationalization, being evasive, or that they were having an avoidance reaction. You could say they were copping out, or fudging the issue, or dodging the question.

I hope this helps!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I' m reaaly looking for a phrase or word that describes a group of people whom because it is the easier option for them decide unmasse a unilateral answer even though they unmasses agreed to someting else abliet more difficult, so taking the easy way out!
Expert:  Viki replied 9 years ago.

Hi-

I think I've got it- You would say that those people took the path of least resistance. This has become a common phrase, now but it was originally based on observation of how water flows down a hill.