Edria, Teacher
Experience:  BSc, Dip tchg, Dip ICT Ed, Experienced teacher, published author
Type Your Question Here...

why do you think you are the best candidate for the ...

Customer Question

why do you think you are the best candidate for the advertised position
Category: General
Expert:  Edria replied 9 years ago.

To prepare the answer to this question before the interview, look at the job advertisement and answer the following questions.

1. What qualities have they mentioned (eg organised, can work unsupervised etc)
  2. Are there any other qualities that are not mentioned but would be necessary / useful in this job.

Now consider yourself and find examples from your career / personal life which show you have these qualities.

eg, The advertisement requires a person who is organised, self motivated and works well as part of a team.

Your assessment of yourself could be:

1. Organised - 1. While on parental leave, I completed my degree. 2. I am responsible for organising the local junior soccer team. 3. In my previous job i kept the files and noticeboards in order
  2. Self-motivated - I completed my college degree by distance learning.
  3. Works well as part of a team - 1. I was a girl scout co-leader for 2 years. 2. I participated in the design team for our church renovation project. 3. In my current job I am a member of the social committee.

The more evidence you can find to prove you have the qualities they want, the better your chances of getting the job.