M.C.
M.C., Senior Research Associate
Experience:  Information specialist and research expert.
3142421
Type Your Question Here...

describe a time you received excellent customer service

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: General
Expert:  M.C. replied 10 years ago.
HelloCustomer

The greatest customer service I received was through an online shoe retailer called Zappos.com. In fact, it was over this Holiday Season. I ordered a pair of shoes for my 8-year-old daughter and found them less expensive somewhere else. So I called Zappos and the customer service person was so cheerful from the get-go. She happily adjusted the price (per their guarantee) and even offered to upgrade my order to overnight shipping.

When the shoes arrived, they were too small for my daughter, so my 6-year-old daughter said she'd take them. So off to Zappos.com I went again. I ordered another pair, then found them less expensive at another site. So I called again to have Zappos adjust the price. This representative was also extremely cheerful. While she was changing my order I mentioned the story about the first order I placed with Zappos. She said, "Well, I wouldn't want your daughter to have to wait another day longer," and she, too, offered to upgrade my order to free overnight shipping.

Very pleasant, wonderful shopping experience. Not to mention they price match (plus 10% of the difference), they have free shipping, free return shipping and a 365-day return policy. Obviously I would highly recommend them to anyone.

(You'd almost think I work for the company! But I don't -- I'm just a super-satisfied customer)

Happy New Year!

Maria