Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Type Your Question Here...

How do I transfer my Scottish Education to the USA

I recently moved to the USA from Scotland and am now living in Georgia. While in scotland I graduated high school with 8 Scottish Standard Grades(equivalent to English GCSE's) and 3 Highers. Obviously I don't have an american high school diploma but surely what I do have is at least an equivalent, or am I wrong? Does anyone know who exactly I contact to sort this out?? Any help or advise would be appreciated.
Category: General
Expert:  Family Physician replied 9 years ago.
Most colleges and universities are accustomed to evaluating international students qualifications for acceptance.

I would suggest that you speak with one of the people in the admissions office of one of the large colleges in your area. (Georgia Tech, University of Georgia, etc) - they should be able to help you. If they accept your qualifications, you could start college/university now. If they do not accept your qualifications, they could tell you what you need.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thnak you for thw advice. The thing is, I'm not actually looking to go to Univeristy of College. I'm just looking for employment but almost everyone wants either an American High School Diploma or a GED. Isn't there a form I can get from someone which shows I have the equivalent of a US high school diploma which I could give to any future employers?
There are services which do provide evaluations of equivalence for foreign education. Here is one of those

It may be cheaper and easier to just take the GED - that would give you the qualification that they are looking for.