Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Consultant
Experience:  Master's Degree candidate waiting on research paper; BS Uni S. Colorado, summa cum laude; AA Degree
Type Your Question Here...

who and what company makes lena jeans

Customer Question

i bought the jeans and jacket, but would to order on line, but i can't seem to find a web site for this company
Category: General
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer

Lena Jeans and denim jackets are made, (or were made) by Jeanstar which is associated with Jones of New York.

There is evidence to suggest that the branded style referred to as Lena Jeans is no longer made.

check out jeanstar at jeanstar.com

They provide a long list of stores that carry their products.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Ed Johnson's Post: no, i don't accept this answer because the product is still being made....

Dear Alma,

I only said there is evidence that the product may not still be manufactured.

You wanted to know who was making the jeans, and I provided that answer. I did not say for sure if the Lena line was being manufactured or not still.

I have knowledge of how the garment industry works.

So for example, they could have several million units in stock, and could have stopped manufacturing the jeans, and you will still see newly taged product on the shelves until the stocks are depleted.

These companies run what is called a back log on what is expected to be delivered against orders for a period of time. Too much backlog signals to investor that the product or company is having problems. Too little backlog indicates problems also.

Hence, the companies, such as Lena Jeans manage the backlog and active manufacturing of product may be interrupted until stocks become depleted.

Unless you work in the factory or have connections with the company, I doubt you know better than I if the products are still being manufactured or if they will be manufactured into the future.

When we provide answers to our customers, we try to give the most up-to-date and accurate answers as possible. I have memberships in industry watch dog organizations for several venues, so that I can do just that.

If you review my response, I said...."are or were". l merely added that there is evidence that the line was not being made.

My evidence comes form a source that costs 600 dollars a year to maintain. Dun and Bradstreet and Hoovers are highly respected companies associated with the New York Times.

The evidence can sometimes be mis-leading, if manufacturing of a product is temporarily halted to reduce stocks.

However, my answer was correct. The manufacturer of the line of jeans known as Lena Jeans and Denim Jackets is "JeanStar".

I would say you are not acting in good faith here.

What is a guy to do now, if you go to the stores listed and cannot find your lena jeans? Would I be right or wrong? what would be the source of your knowledge?

The first indication that there are inventroy issues with any product line, is the proliferation of them showing up on line in virtual shopping centers. Those of us who are close to virtual marketing schemes, such as myself with the work I do for "The Women's Venture Fund" in NYC. (http://www.womensventurefund.org) know the life cycle of products.