Rsposta4u, Philomath
Experience:  Handyman - Electronics - Master Gardener - Teacher - Graphic - Buyer - Photographer - Maintenance
Type Your Question Here...

How do i see everything that has been done on my computer

Customer Question

I want to see everything that hes been done on my computer. How do i do that?
Category: General
Expert:  Rsposta4u replied 10 years ago.

You can view the history folder by double-clicking on My computer. Select the following folders: C:\Documents and Settings\(profile name*)\Local Settings\History \(profile name*) indicates your computer logon account. In order to see the Local Settings folder, you will need to make sure that you have the option to view hidden files and folders selected. Select this by going to Tools/Folder Options/View and choose (show hidden files) and folders in My Computer.

Note:*(profile name) can be owner.

The history is normally set to default (20 days). THe setting can be changed to 1 day to 999 days. You can not vies more days than the historis set for.
You can also see what cookies have been stored on your computer by navigating to: C:\Documents and Settings\(profile name*)\Cookies.

These folders can be erased and in that case the files cannot be eaisly viewed without special software and the knowledge to use it.