Coolchics, Teacher
Experience:  BA
Type Your Question Here...

First Alert home security system how do I reset master code

Customer Question

I have a first alert home security system that I never activated through a monitoring company. The problem is my son activated the alarm and I do not know the code or master security code to turn it off. Now everytime we open a door it sounds off. How can I reset this and enter my own code?
Category: General
Expert:  Coolchics replied 10 years ago.

The safest way do this is by actually contacting First Alert. The link below says it will help you configure your alarm system:

The reason for this, is because you don't just want anyone having access to your alarm system and access to your home.

Be Safe!

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Coolchics's Post: I was able to reset the alarm by powering down and then hitting *# XXXXX the same time I powered back up. but now what? First alert does not have a vendor/dealer/whatever in San Antonio, TX.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Coolchics's Post: I actually went into a user group to search for a reset answer. I found the answer!

The solution is: power off the main control box, then reset the control panel by pressing * and # XXXXX the same time you power up the system.

Then enter #20 to get the Installation code.
To get the control panel int program mode, enter *99, and wait for the reset then ready to occur.

To program a new master code, enter the IC that was displayed, then 8, then 02 and then the new master code (4 digits)

Well, I am glad you found the answer! If there is anything we can help you out with in the future, please don't hesitate to ask!