John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Type Your Question Here...

HOW DO I STOP SPAM PRODUCTS ON MY E-MAIL

Customer Question

I GET 30 TO 40 E-MAILS EVERY DAY TRYING
TO SELL ME SOMETHING...
Category: General
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Are you using an email program like Outlook Express, Outlook etc, if so which program, and which email account you're having spam problems with?

If you are you getting your email directly from a webmail server such Yahoo, Hotmail, etc?, please let us know which one?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to John D.'s Post: OUTLOOK EXPRESS XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
QNET
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I RECEIVE E-MAILS EVERY DAY ASKING ME TO BUY

CREDIT CARDS,AUTO LOANS,EDUCATION CLASSES OR

NUMEROUS SALES OR SURVEYS..IT TAKES ABOUT 20

MINUTES TO DELETE THESE AND I'M OUTRAGED

BECAUSE OF IT...
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

There are two approaches to filtering you email. You can either do it directly from the server's website by going to www.qnet.com, and logging into your account. Now the exact procedure depends very much on your server's (qnet) available options Usually you will find a button or tab called "Options", "Preference" or "Settings". When you click on it you will be provided with ways to minimize spam mail (again this depends on the servers available options). These options could be to apply filters, to block certain address, or to increase the security.

The other way is to do it from Outlook Express. There are three things you can do here:

• Blocking Senders: If some spam email is coming from the same sender, it is best to block that sender. Highlight the message from this sender then from the menu click Messages and select Block Sender.

• Filtering: If the messages are coming from different senders, then you need to look for some unique word or phrase which is common in some of the email messages (such as "You Have Been Approved" or "Lower Your Debt" etc.). Once you have spotted the common phrase, click on Message > Create Rule From Message. Then follow the steps to check the boxes that apply and enter the filtering phrase.

• Allowing message from known senders: This would work if you have a limited number of contacts. Again go to Message > Create Rule From Message and apply the filters that would exclude all email except from known senders which you will enter in the Allow list.

Hope this helps. If you need more assistance in setting up the message rules, feel free to ask and try to be as specific as possible.

John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience: Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions; otherwise please click the Accept button to close this session. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Can you please let me know if you were able to follow through with the above steps, and where exactly you feel you need further assistance.