tex-eng, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer, very good math skills, problem solver and researcher
Type Your Question Here...

Kingsbury Chicago Upright Piano

I have an upright piano built by the Cable Piano Co. Its SN is 11266, and it has Kingsbury Chicago on the key cover. It has the original finish and, unfortunately, I broke one of the second octave D strings. I was wondering how old the piano is and how I could go about finding its value for insurance purposes.

Troy Velotta
Category: General
Expert:  tex-eng replied 10 years ago.
HelloCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer!

The Cable Piano Company, established by Herman D. Cable of Chicago in 1881. In 1938, the Cable Piano Company closed it's doors and sold its St. Charles factory to the Howell Furniture Company. More history about the company:

According to the PianoBlueBook your piano was made between 1890 and 1895, here's the webpage where I found this info:
In the link above click CABLE and you will see the serial numbers and year periods they were made.

Telling the value of a piano without seeing it should be really very difficult but you may contact BlueBookofPianos and see what they think:
[email protected]

Hope this helps, have a great day!