Darian Wiley
Darian Wiley, Researcher & Library Assist
Experience:  BA in Psychology, Researcher of Physics, History, Theology, Philosophy, Writer, Poet, Artist,
Type Your Question Here...

how do I iron material of 65% polyester 35% cotton mix

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: General
Expert:  Darian Wiley replied 10 years ago.

Thank you for submitting your question to

When a material is made of a high percentage of polyester such as the one in your example it is pretty durable to heat. When ironing you would want to set your iron to a med/high setting. You will not need extra steam or starch to get the wrinkles out as polyester was made to not wrinkle easily. If there are decorations, buttons, zippers, etc. on the garment that you are not sure will hold up well in high heat you can fold a towel over them and lightly pass the iron over the folded towel to ensure you do not melt them. Always remember when ironing to keep the garment as flat as possible on your board or ironing surface and never allow the iron to sit in one spot for more than a second or two or will burn your clothes.

I hope this was helpful to you, let me know if you have any further questions.