John Baker
John Baker, Electronics Tech
Experience:  30 Plus years Electronic Tech - 50 + Years Handy Man - 50+ years Gardner - Researcher - Home Owner -
Type Your Question Here...

How do I program a universal remote to work on my Toshiba ...

Customer Question

How do I program a universal remote to work on my Toshiba TV I have followed all the directions in the brochure for my Magnovox Universal multi-brand Remote control and nothing will work
Category: General
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I don't know what info you need
Expert:  John Baker replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

-What is the model number of the remote and the TV?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX's Post: Mag800 15-106 Remote and TV Toshiba 36A50
The codes to enter into the Maganvox remote are 0089, 0183 or 0185. If none of these codes work I would suspect you have a detective remote. If you need to replace the remote, I recommend the One For All remotes. They will work on any device requiring a remote and have very good support options.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX's Post: On my instructions for the remote to program in it says to enter 3 digit code and you gave me four digits I tried these and this did not work This is the third universal remote that I have tried and none of them work Thank you anyway but I cannot acept your answer as it did not work
Your acceptance is not necessary if you are not happy with any answer. Just Answer wants to to be happy with the answers and hopefully you will tell your friends about the site. I recommend the One For All remotes. If the One For All will not work on your TV, there would have to be a defective infered reciever in the TV. The One For All remote is the best on the market as far as I am concerned, and they have great suport.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX's Post: I am calling the cable person to come ut to my house and I have to pay him 29.00 so I guess your answer is not acceptable. Thank you anyway
Expert:  Stephen replied 7 years ago.
Before you call the cable guy, here is something to try..

Magnavox universal remotes only accept three digit codes, and so you have to drop a number to get them to work.

That doesn't always work. so you can try the search method

Search Mode Method

1- Turn ON your TV

2- Press SET button for approximately 2 seconds

3- Press TV button .

4- Repeatedly press and release VOL+ button until TV goe's OFF

5- Press SET button.

Let me know if this works for you.

Also the Toshiba TV codes listed above are wrong.. They should be :

1025,1030,1042,1046

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Stephen's Post: I ttried your suggestion and it did not work. Sorry about that.
Expert:  Stephen replied 7 years ago.
Which suggestion the search mode or dropping one of the numbers on the 4 digit code ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Stephen's Post: both the search code and athe use of the 3 digit codes I dropped the 1.
Expert:  Stephen replied 7 years ago.
Do you have the manual for the remote ?

My goal on Just Answer is to supply you with the best possible answers, and hope your experiences are enjoyable.

My wishes are you will return and suggest Just Answer to others.

Your acceptance of this answer is not necessary, if you find it to be not acceptable.

If you find our answer fits your needs, your acceptance will be greatly appreciated.

Feedback is also appreciated since it helps me, future customers and management, determine how satisfied you were with my answers.
Feedback can be left by clicking here.

Note: Management is interested in knowing, if the Expert's response goes beyond your expectations. If you wish to supply such information, please use the link below.info@justanswer.com

Just Answer's Experts are here 24/7 to answer your questions.

If my answer does not answer your question, do not accept the answer. Let me know, and well will continue until we get you an acceptable answer.