Lori, Research Analyst
Experience:  General Information and Online Research
Type Your Question Here...

Tuberose or Gardenia Delivery Service

It's almost my wife's birthday and she loves the scent of tuberose and gardenia flowers... especially tuberose. For her birthday, I'd like to get her a year's supply of fresh tuberose's. i.e. have fresh ones delivered every few weeks for a year.

I looked on 1800Flowers and FTD and came up with nothing for tuberose and came up with this for gardenia:

$40 seems kind of steep for only 3 gardenias though.

So, my 1st question is... is there any place online that can arrange this for me cheaply and without a hassle (i.e. so I don't have to call every 3 weeks!). If not, I've seen businesses get flower deliveries and such. Do I just call a florist for this? If so, how much should it cost in the San Francisco Bay Area? Will they do a relatively "small" order like this?

Wow! Your wife is one lucky lady!!!! Your best bet is to work with a local florist, rather than an online service. You will probably be able to negotiate a fairly good deal since you are looking for a long-term relationship with them. I'm certain you can request delivery on a certain date each month and since they are local, if you are unhappy with quality or service, it's a lot easier to deal with them than a company that probably doesn't even see the flowers it contracts to deliver. Cost for online deliveries are also much higher than local delivery services.

Please let me know if you are able to find someone locally that you are happy with and how your wife likes her birthday surprise!