John Baker
John Baker, Electronics Tech
Experience:  30 Plus years Electronic Tech - 50 + Years Handy Man - 50+ years Gardner - Researcher - Home Owner -
1146604
Type Your Question Here...

What is the value of a 10 cent bill

Customer Question

i HAVE A VERY OLD 10 CENTS BILL IN PRETTY GOOD CONDITION, i WAS WONDERING HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH TODAY.
Category: General
Expert:  John Baker replied 10 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX's Post: It is a 10 cents paper bill from around 1875. Not sure what else to say. It is old US paper money that the face value is 10 cents.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX's Post: It is just paper money for around 1875 to late 1895 issued by the US in paper form but the value is 10 cents.
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 years ago.

Does it have XXXXX XXXXX on the front of it and "10" on the back?

Regards,

Ryan

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Ryan's Post: I am not sure, I just moved and I don't have it with me. However, if I remember correctly, it was in basically the same format that our bills are today
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 years ago.

Please let me know if you think it looks like this:

Regards,

Ryan

What you have is called fractional currency or 10 cent note.

Yours could have varied values depending on the year and condition.

Ebay is a very good place to establish value for an item.

Since eBay's bidders are world wide, a more reasonable value can be established, than using your local coin shop.

Depending on your bill value and condition it could be worth $5 to several hundred dollars.

Below is a link to a 10 cent bill that sold on eBay for $107.50

http://cgi.ebay.com/FRACTIONAL-CURRENCY-5TH-ISSUE-10-CENT-NOTE_W0QQitemZ8435546383QQihZ021QQcategoryZ3416QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Below is a link to 102 auctions on eBay for fractional currency.

http://coins.search.ebay.com/fractional-currency_Paper-Money-US_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ3412

Additional questions? Just ask.

John Baker, Electronics Tech
Experience: 30 Plus years Electronic Tech - 50 + Years Handy Man - 50+ years Gardner - Researcher - Home Owner -
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Ryan's Post: I think it does