Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Consultant
Experience:  Master's Degree candidate waiting on research paper; BS Uni S. Colorado, summa cum laude; AA Degree
Type Your Question Here...

how do i change my age on my passport

Customer Question

i want to alter my passport so i can use it as a fake id
Category: General
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 10 years ago.

Dear Craig,

I am sorry, but this is not possible. The passport has security features that make it easily detectable to alter. Even untrained people would see the alterations.

In addition, this would be a federal offense since the passport is not your property. It is the property of the Federal Government. Altering it could result in heavy fines and imprisonment. Even with a small fine you would have a federal conviction.

The fed is funny that way.

People in the military who are late to work can end up with a federal conviction if they choose a court martial.

If you get a traffic ticket and appeal it from the federal magistrate, you go up to federal court.

NO, you really cannot alter your passport. That is too serious an offense.

Best Regards