How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Consultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  Master's Degree candidate waiting on research paper; BS Uni S. Colorado, summa cum laude; AA Degree
Type Your Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i change my age on my passport

Customer Question

i want to alter my passport so i can use it as a fake id
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 10 years ago.

Dear Craig,

I am sorry, but this is not possible. The passport has security features that make it easily detectable to alter. Even untrained people would see the alterations.

In addition, this would be a federal offense since the passport is not your property. It is the property of the Federal Government. Altering it could result in heavy fines and imprisonment. Even with a small fine you would have a federal conviction.

The fed is funny that way.

People in the military who are late to work can end up with a federal conviction if they choose a court martial.

If you get a traffic ticket and appeal it from the federal magistrate, you go up to federal court.

NO, you really cannot alter your passport. That is too serious an offense.

Best Regards


Related General Questions