NancyH, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Adept at Internet Research & I know just where to find information!
Type Your Question Here...

How do I make my coconut cream pie without running?

I made a coconut cream pie for Christmas, and when I went to cut a slice, the cream pie was runny. I followed the instructions for making it to the tee, so what happened?
Category: General
Expert:  NancyH replied 10 years ago.
Then you may have overcooked it.
Custard can be a bit tricky until you understand how it looks and feels when it is just right and get a good feel for the stove and pans you are working with too.
Recipes are great guidelines but you need to be flexible with them to adjust for your cooking circumstances.
I suggest reading through the custard tips site I gave you and trying just making some without the pie shell etc. involved.
You can pour some off at more than one stage of cooking (over bananas or other fruit is nice) into custard cups or coffee cups and see if you needed to do a couple minutes less or a couple more minutes to get it all to work just right for you. Make sure you know which was finished when so you can test when they are cool to see which one isn't runny.