Stephen
Stephen, The Lone Coder
Experience:  Bible expert. Polyglot (Chinese, English, Spanish). Play well with Google.
128250
Type Your Question Here...

translate into latin so others may live

motto of the first hospital company, first marine division in vietnam
Category: General
Expert:  Noah replied 11 years ago.
I'm not going to answer this question outright, because there are several different possibilities in latin for each english word. However, I would like to point you to http://www.24hourtranslations.co.uk/latdict.htm

This site gives you all possible latin words for your english words, and you can choose what you'd like to use.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Noah's Post: I asked for a translation, not a link to a web site were I could get it translated (for an additional fee). Since there are variables that I do not understand like vberb conjugation, I need someone to translate it correctly, not refer me to a site where I have to pick from multiple variations of POSSIBLE words that MIGHT mean the same as the words in my quote. I work on the web all the time to, and have been to these kinds of translation sites, but I needed someone who understands latin to translate it correctly. This "expert" did not provide me with a translation. I still need one that is correct.
Expert:  Noah replied 11 years ago.
I'm sorry you didn't feel the site helped. You didn't state you had already been to such translation sites. Hopefully someone can give you the answer you're looking for.
Expert:  Stephen replied 11 years ago.
sic alius may ago

My latin is rough, but I believe that this is correct.

If you need anything else let me know.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I am looking for a latin translation of "we risk so others may live" or shorter just "so others may live." This is the motto from the field medical corp unit 1st Marine Division, in Vietnam 1968
Expert:  Stephen replied 11 years ago.
yes -- i Posted the translation above

So others may live - "sic alius may ago"

We risk so others may live = "nos periculum sic alius may ago"

Please hit the ACCEPT.

Stephen, The Lone Coder
Experience: Bible expert. Polyglot (Chinese, English, Spanish). Play well with Google.