John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
53785
Type Your Question Here...

What percentage of a Scandia Shake (sp ) is water

Trying to figure out what percentage of a Scandia Shake is water. i.e. how many glasses of Scandia Shake is equivalent to drinking a glass of water.

Thanks!

Are you referring to Scandishake Shake mixes.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Judy's Post:

Yes, although I'm asking about the ones that come in a bottle (as a drink). Not the powder.

For a FREE sample of SCANDISHAKE®, or to request additional information, please call (800) 4-SCANDI(NNN) NNN-NNNN.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.

Was my question not clear??? What percentage of a ScandiShake is water?

Apparently not much public information is available on the bottled Scandishake, but as far as water content is concerned a pretty accurate conclusion can be derived from the powdered version for which information can be more easily obtained.

For a 600 kcal (2kcal/ml) dosage of Scandishake, there is 1 bag powder and 240 ml of full fat milk. This mix yields 300 ml of liquid. Hence there is 240 ml milk in a 300 ml Scandishake mix, or 80% milk.

Now since regular milk contains about 80% water, the net amount of water in Scandishake mix would be 80% of 80% (i.e. 80% water in milk, and 80% milk in the Scandishake mix), or.

80% x 80% = 64%.

Therefore, in the powdered , which should not differ much from the bottled version for the same calorie yield, there would be 64% (about two thirds) water.

I hope you find this information helpful. if so please don't forget to hit the Accept button. Thanks.

Here are some web pages for further reference: http://www.nutricia.ch/asp/show_product.asp?id=2673&brand_id=13&market_id=32&lng_id=10&lng2_id=3

http://www.ec.gc.ca/water/en/info/pubs/lntwfg/e_chap1a.htm

John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience: Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming