k McMillion
k McMillion, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Daily Research
205477
Type Your Question Here...

Houdini

Customer Question

Houdini claimed to have an object that, if put in the middle of a wall would enable him to see directly through the wall. The wall could be made of any substance and Houdini was still able to back up his claim every time.

What was his special object ?
Category: General
Expert:  Kerry replied 11 years ago.

HiCustomer/P>

I've been researching your question on and off since last night. The only information I can find about houdini and walls is his ability to walk through them rather than see through them.

I did find an article where Houdini tested a man who claimed this ability and proved him to be lying.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2843/is_3_29/ai_n13676394

Kerry

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: This is not really what I was looking for. I need to know how Houdini himself could actually see through the wall.
Expert:  Kerry replied 11 years ago.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Kerry

Expert:  martye replied 11 years ago.

Was the object " a hole"??

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I don't think so, because he claimed to already have the object, and a hole isn't something he could have and put in a wall.
Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

A 1959 biography of Houdini bore the subtitle The Man Who Walked Through Walls. (Henning 1977) - see link below:

ms53

It was reported that Houdini died without revealing his secrets of success - but later found that 4 friends knew about his secrets.

Houdini in The New York Times, Says Four Know Houdini's Secrets

Speculations of Houdini discovering the 4th dimension.

Amazon.com: Dear Professor Einstein: Albert Einstein's Letters to and from Children: Explore similar items

(Higher dimensional people have the ability to "walk through walls" -- 4th/5th dimensional and higher).

Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey through the 10th Dimension

The book below may offer you some information:

WONDER-WORKERS! How They Perform the Impossible
by Joe Nickell
for ages 9-14
(Prometheus Books, October 1991, $11.95, ISBN 0-87975-688-8)
review by Cindy Bartorillo

Nickell investigates the apparently impossible accomplishments of ten famous wonder-workers: Ivan Chabert (who was impervious to heat), Robert-Houdin (one of the greatest magicians of all time), Daniel Home (who could float through the air), Lulu Hurst (whose body was a powerful magnet), Evangeline Adams (who could foretell the future),
Harry Houdini (who could, among many other talents, walk through walls), Joaquin Argamasilla (whose x-ray eyes could see through metal), Joseph Dunninger (who could read minds), Edgar Cayce (who could diagnose illnesses while asleep), and Peter Hurkos (a psychic detective).

http://showcase.netins.net/web/chargerhorse/RFP-20.HTM

Houdini had an "open mind" and believed that there was a world beyond "human" -- using power within and above/tapped into it!

His favorite quote:"my brain is the key that sets me free"

HOUDINI: Interesting Houdini Facts Houdini Museum Scranton Pocono region. Houdini magic museum, Houdini magic show, magic, Sc...

Hope this helps.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to martye's Post: I don't think it was a hole, because it says he claimed to have the object, and a hole isn't something he could have had.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
The question asks what Houdini had that could be put in the wall so he could see through it, it doesn't say anything about walking through the wall. This still does not answer the question.

Greetings:

To better assist you, what makes you believe he had a "gadget" - where did you hear this information?

Please let me know...

Also, please note that I responded to your question - see above.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I know that you responded above, but none of your answers was relevant to the question about seeing through walls. And as for the information that he had a gadget, the guy who posts the trivia questions I am answering found that, so Houdini definitely did have a "thing" that he could use to see through a wall.

Greetings:

Thank you for responding and sharing more information, and for letting me know that you did see my response.

Now I am confused - are you wanting to find out the "gadget" or "thing" for "seeing through walls" or "walking through walls"...you originally stated "walking through walls".

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
No, I never stated "walking through walls." My original question stated, in part: "Houdini claimed to have an object that, if put in the middle of a wall would enable him to see directly through the wall." Nothing was said about walking through the wall.

Greetings:

My sincere apologies, I erred.

The only thing that I have found that comes close to any type gadget of seeing through walls would be an "x-ray render view".

See below:

1 Rendering

If this is not what you are looking for, I do apologize. Of course, the listing of information I provided (specifically the book titles) may just have such reference in which to answer your question.

My best to you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Expert:  martye replied 11 years ago.

I have found an inventor who made a machine that can (supposedly) see
through walls. His name is XXXXX XXXXX but does start with "H"...... I
know you asked about Houdini, but I am familiar with magic and do not
remember Houdini performing this trick.

Try this site to see if it matches your needs:

www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=6657

PS.. sometimes I have trouble posting "links" ... if it doesn't work, just type the address in your address bar or "google" "ANGEL LIGHT"

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Thank you for the link, but this was not Houdini, and I specifically need and asked for something Houdini had that could be put in a wall so he could see through it.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to martye's Post: Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is not what I am looking for. As I said, it has to be a thing that Houdini had that he could just put in any wall to see through it.
Expert:  k McMillion replied 11 years ago.
A window.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I thought of that myself, but it doesn't appear ti be an object that he would have had, I mean a window is something you have in your house, but not a thing that you have.