NancyH
NancyH, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Adept at Internet Research & I know just where to find information!
127115
Type Your Question Here...

passcode access to verizon online

Customer Question

how to obtain a verizon online passcode to get access to view the calling activity if my name is XXXXX XXXXX the bill but my husbands name is.
Category: General
Expert:  NancyH replied 11 years ago.
I have never had any problem getting this information as a spouse from a phone company. Somtimes I have to call from the number itself to be verified. Sometimes its because I've paid the bills and they have a record of that. With some companies I've had to get my husband to call and give permission for account information to be released.
I don't recall Verizon customer service ever being difficult about it but I have paid the phone bill many times over the years.
You can also ask for a duplicate bill with calling activity to be mailed to you.
If you no longer live at the address with the phone and no longer share the phone with your husband who pays the bill then you may not be able to obtain an online set up.
If your husband has not set up an online account then you may be able to set one up in his name and view it that way. You may need some of his personal information to do so.
This is how the website www.verizon.com says to do it under the registration screen
"How can I get a user ID and password?

Look for a temporary user ID and password XXXXX on your Verizon phone bill. If you find a temporary user ID and password XXXXX on your bill, you can use them to sign in to verizon.com on any Sign In page. Then, you can personalize your user ID and password XXXXX future use.

OR
Register on verizon.com and create your own user ID and password. You will need a copy of your most recent Verizon phone bill to register your local phone number. "

Hope this helps you!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to NHolmes's Post: I appreciate your response....but my delima is much deeper... My husband changed the the code and pin number because I was able to check his records..... I suspect something is up and even more so now that he made two seperate passcodes to get in...only leads you to believe he is up to no good... I even called verison and told him some big story and almost had it believed until the verizon lady advised that the only to retreive it would be for my husband with id in hand go to the nearest verizon location in person and obtain the code....well now my suspicions are even more so after all the trouble he is making it to get this thing.... that alone should be the sign but, I am one of those people that dont like any loose strings haunting me with "what if's" I need the facts and I need them in front of me so I can easily walk away without looking back.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I think i need is a hookup to a verizon employee that can obtain the code.
Expert:  NancyH replied 11 years ago.
Well there may be a way around doing something illegal like that.
How about changing the phone carrier for your phone service?
How about being the one to read the printed bill?
Or if you are not getting a printed bill how about asking for another copy of last months bill to be sent to you?