Coleen Hoffmeister
Coleen Hoffmeister, BA IN ENGLISH
Experience:  Life's experiences and old age!
138144
Type Your Question Here...

quick deed question

Customer Question

my husband and I purchased a house together and now I have moved out I want to do a quick deed and he give me $10,000 He has agreed to this. What are the procedures and how much will it cost me to do this. Can I get this form online and then file myself with courts. I am trying to do this the cheapest way. Please help!!
Category: General
Expert:  jonacpa replied 11 years ago.
In what state is the property?
Expert:  Coleen Hoffmeister replied 11 years ago.

It is called a quit claim deed and you can get the form online. One thing you need to be clear about, if this property is mortgaged, the mortgage company does not have to recognize the Quit Claim Deed or take you off of the mortgage. You will have to have an iron clad contract between the 2 of you that this mortgage will be paid by him. If he does default, they will come after you.

Please do cross referencing, such as calling the register of deeds in your area and ask about Quit Claim Deeds. They may have some there, and there are some quit claim deeds at the library - which you may ask for help because they are easily found for legalese personnel, but hard for some to find.

You will have to fill out the Quit Claim Deed, have it notarized and file it with the Register of Deeds.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, please let me know. Additionally, if you find this answer helpful, I would greatly appreciate it if you would hit the accept button above.

God Bless.