Eric, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Lots and lots and lots of time spent on the computer
94160
Type Your Question Here...

gun value

Hello, i was wondering what a model 94 winchester 30/30 is worth and the year it was made. The serial #is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand the rifle is in very good condition. Original bluing no scratches on stock and very tight.Hope this is enought desciption. Thank you very much.My email address [email protected] Thanks again.
 Value will depend on configuration and condition. Some are rifles with a 26" barrel and some are chambered for the 30/30 cartridge. There are also carbines (20" barrel) and trapper carbines (14-16" barrels), different magazine lengths, a variety of cartridges, deluxe models, etc.

If you have the most common, a standard sporting rifle, one of the most popular cartridges, and NRA Very Good condition (95% of the original finish and all original parts). For guns made before 1964, all models (rifle, carbine, trapper's carbine) are close to the same value for the basic gun without special features EXCEPT the "Eastern" carbines nade without a saddle ring from 1940-1964, which are much less.

When a value is quoted, it is usually from one of the standard books, but books don't buy guns. The true value is the amount a willing seller will accept from a willing buyer. Of course, one reason a gun could bring more than the guide books suggest is some documented association with a famous person or event. If you can prove it once belonged to Buffalo Bill or one of the original Texas Rangers, there is no established value guide. Even a connection to a Texas law enforcement officer in the 1900-1930 period would add a significant amount.  I am looking into the serial number for better dating...

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Eric's Post: hello eric,i have a bit more information on that 30/30.the barrel is 20 inches long and it says model 94 30 W.C F. on the barrel. also there is no saddle ring. the rifle has had very little use and is in very good shape.i hope this will help. i realize the price range can vary greatly but i just need a ballpark figure.and the dating info would help.i am not gonna hold you to this price i would just like your opinion based on the info i gave you.i will gladly accept your answer. thanks alot eric i appreciate your time.      thanks again, claes

It appears that your gun was only made in 1964. As far as a value goes, I am having trouble getting an exact figure on this, due to my membership problem with Orion BlueBooks (Gun Value)

WINCHESTER,94
.30-30, 7-30WATERS, .44MAG, 20 OR 24" BARREL, 6 OR 6-RD MAG, RIFLE
1964 -

show all Winchesters

Or, If you have the lists in something like the Blue Book of Gun Values. It can be found at most any book store, and ordered online.

You can also try a Web site such as Savage Arms or oldguns.net.

Or, you may try contacting Browning on their 800 number with the serial number of your Winchester. (Winchester firearms is now owned by Browning.) They can confirm with you when it was made.

Eric, Internet Researcher
Experience: Lots and lots and lots of time spent on the computer
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Eric's Post: hello eric,thanks i have alittle more info for you. the rifel is a 30/ 30 with a 20 inch barrel. it says 30 W.C.F. on the barrel.the rifle has had very little use and is in very good condition. i hope that will help.thanks for the date that will help. thanks again claes

claes,

I am still looking for a value for you but still having trouble.  If the question closes before I find you a value, I will send you a private message.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Eric's Post: Eric,that would be great.If you need any more info please ask. Thanks [email protected]    Thanks again, Claes