Mic Sayre
Mic Sayre, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I love to look things up on the Internet.
73532
Type Your Question Here...

science

Customer Question

How does the changing seasons positively effect the environment?
Category: General
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
The changing seasons are part of the environment. They
have no effect on the environment at all.
Expert:  Mic Sayre replied 11 years ago.
DearCustomer

The following reasons are why the changing seasons positively affect the environment (the world):

--Spring is necessary because it is when the ground begins to thaw in preparation for the growing season. The weather becomes milder--the temperature rises and allows the snow to turn to rain, which waters the ground. The combination of the rise in temperature, increased waterfall, and the increasingly longer days (This is the result of the Earth's axis moving and allowing the planet to get more direct sunlight.) gives the plant seeds that have been buried under the ground since the fall a moist, warm environment in which to grow. Plant growth is important because it provides food for every animal and human on the food chain. Without plants we would not only starve, but be unable to breathe as well since plants convert carbon dioxide into oxygen so that life can continue on this planet.

--Summer is important because it gives the plants the proper sunlight and temperature that they need to grow and provide the food and air that we all need to survive. The increase in temperatures and light also has an affect upon all species. Spring into summer is mating season. These are the most active seasons because animals and humans are busy doing activities that help their muscles tone up and make them more healthy and better capable of living longer.

--Fall is important because the Earth is beginning to turn on its axis again so that the other half of the Earth (below the equator) can now begin their spring and summer. It is during this time that crops are harvested, and food is stored for the winter to come. The ground and plant life begin preparing for the winter as they start to shut down--the first getting harder and drier and the latter shedding leaves and seeds (which are now planted and ready for spring to come again). Animals spend their time preparing for the winter by eating and storing up food in preparation for hibernation (for some anyway).

--Winter completes the cycle. The plants have shut down to protect themselves from any damage from the coming winter. This might also be because the days might become too dark and cold to sustain their life year-round. Also, most of life seems to need this cycle of renewal and shut down (not to mention it's a perfect fit for the planetary changes occurring at this time).

Just imagine what life would be like if everyday was summer? The world would be even more overpopulated than it is now. Even though we don't like the idea of winter, it does seem to provide a balance to the Earth. Also, if you compare the seasons to human life, you will see that cycle repeated there as well--spring (infancy), summer (teenage years into the 40s), fall (50s to 60s), and winter (70s and beyond).

I hope that provides the answer that you wanted.

Mic Sayre