tkinnj
tkinnj,
4044
Type Your Question Here...

Cast Your Vote to Pick ExpertAsks New Na

Customer Question

OK. Here are the finalists, culled from our name contest on this site, my own list and some suggestions from friends. They are in alphabetical order.

Please help me filter through these names by picking your favorite! I really like names that are short, simple, catchy, easy to spell, easy to say, descriptive and memorable... so, tell me which one seems the best to you!

The more of these ideas that are communicated the better:

1. Experience & Intelligence

2. Fast

3. Easy

4. Online

It is likely that there will be a couple of "top" contenders, so we may have a run-off.

Happy Voting!

Andy (the Admin)

P.S. If you suggested a name that isn't here, then it was eliminated. (Most likely because the name wasn't available, was too long, had too many dashes, or had trademark issues...)

Category: General
Expert:  Guests replied 12 years ago.
AnswerFolks.com
EverythingAnswered.com
ForIQ.com

My Top 3 in this order.
Expert:  jmcool replied 12 years ago.
I really like "ninau". First of all, it sounds cool. Second, it's quite simple
and makes sense (when you know what it means). I can see some very
modern logo with Ninau on it!
Expert:  Burner replied 12 years ago.
I'm going to agree with jmcool. Honestly my first thought was jmcool is crazy but after a bit of pondering I can see that name having plenty of long-range value.

Remember, before the shoe company came along none of us had ever heard the word Nike. Is that even a word? All I know, and probably most others, is that it's a shoe. -- and every kid by the 4th grade can spell it and find their website.

One more comment... the number one ranked name up there right now is "askmaster" does anyone else besides me think that sounds like (or ryhmes with) an adult film? Say it outloud to yourself a few times, if we end up with this one we must make certain to articulate the K when mentioning the site to friends and co-workers :-)

Expert:  T. R. Miller replied 12 years ago.
Andy,

I hate to say it, but I don't see any name in the list that really pops out of the list. Nothing that is easy, to remember, short.

My suggestion, keep looking. One of us will come across something that will just "hit the spot."

I think AskMaster is too long, too cumbersome. New name should be three syllables ONLY, at the most. Till you get the k in the pronunciation, it is too close to four syllables.

hmmmmm. perhaps AskUs ?
Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 12 years ago.

Greetings:

Not to offend anyone, but I feel that AskMaster sounds a bit domineering...thus, it may be taken the wrong way.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Expert:  gregorya replied 12 years ago.

I'm kinda with SunTaxMan on this one.  I actually voted for AskMaster because taking into consideration the fact that we are looking for short, easy-to-remember names that also convey what this site is about, that one seemed the most likely name to convey all of those aspects more so than one over the other.  However, I personally don't like any of the names and as someone who has done a little work in advertising and marketing, if it was up to me , I would either keep the current name or keep looking for something better.  The current name is XXXXX XXXXX than any of those listed.

Just my 2 cents.

Expert:  Green Guru replied 12 years ago.
 I like ninau because it is unique.  There are so many examples of company names that mean nothing but if said, everyone know it.  Nike, Google, Oracle, etc, etc, etc.  Ninau is a little harder to pronouce so that adds some complexity.  I say, make up a cool name without specific meaning, like the formentioned names.  Plus, if you get brand recognition like Tivo, Kleenex, etc everyone will know you even if a competitor comes out with a similar product.  They will say, hey this Ninau search site sucks man, you have to go to the original   .
Expert:  Livinwithangel replied 12 years ago.
EverythingAnswered is quite easy, precise, and to the point.
Expert:  tkinnj replied 12 years ago.
i think it should be ninau because it means questions and thats what people are asking.....questions.......