A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

My greatgrandfather came to Australia in about 1860. Have

Customer Question

My greatgrandfather came to Australia in about 1860. Have very limited information about his German family. have been going around in circles for 5 years looking for a trace. Is there a popular German website where I could advertise the family and hope someone recognizes some names. I have been using ancestry.com but do not know if this is used much in Germany. Thanks. Wendy
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Genealogist should know?
Customer: I dont speak/read German although Im attempting to learn!
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

There really isn't any one particular site where you could advertise. There are many.

Can you tell me what you do know about your ancestor and I will see if I can find anything at all. For instance, his complete name, where he came from in Germany (if you know), when he arrived, who he married, the names of his children and when/where they were born, what he did for a living could all help.