A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years

Thank you in advance but I'm just trying to come to terms

Customer Question

Hello and thank you in advance but I'm just trying to come to terms with the truth of my lineage. My name or last name is***** mother's name is***** I just came across some questionable things when researching my name online and found many alternate identities under my same name with credentials that I have no knowledge of having. Anyway, maybe this is a start and look forward to hearing what you have to say
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Genealogy
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Correction ** Linda Christine Vanella
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Hi, Cody,

I'm sorry but you haven't provided me sufficient information. What exactly have you found online that you question?

Where online have you searched?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Instant check mate . And other beenverified.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Speaking on behalf of my fiance

What specifically is your question?

Using those web sites, it is quite possible that there are two people with the exact same name. This has nothing to do with lineage. It just shows that a person of that name exists. There may be 100 Miss _____ Goldsteins around.

As for verifying someone's lineage, that is done by obtaining birth certificates for the person (Miss Goldstein), then her parents' marriage record, then their birth certificates, etc. Most states will not issue a copy of a birth certificate to anyone whose name is ***** ***** the birth certificate (i.e. the child or a parent of the child) and only with confirmed identification. Once a number of eyars have passed (anywhere from 75-100 depending on the state) birth records become public and anyone can obtain a non-certified copy (i.e. one that cannot be used as identification).

Best regards,