A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

Tracing ancestry of Joseph Vernon, 1804,( Manchester,

Customer Question

Tracing ancestry of Joseph Vernon, 1804,( Manchester, England)-1849 Married Margaret ? 12 children, came to America 1849 and died about a year later in Brazos County, Texas. Father thought to be Henry Vernon est 1739-1799, married to Francis ?
JA: I did a little digging into my family history: we have a lot of dead eccentric Brits in our family tree. I hope you find some fascinating characters in yours. Is there anything else important you think the Genealogist should know?
Customer: Sailed out of Liverpool on the Bark Blake in 1849.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will see what I can find out about Joseph Vernon for you.

You will get an email similar to this one after I've had a chance to do some rpeliminary looking.

Joseph Vernon was born 06 Sep 1805 in Heaton Norris (near Manchester), Lancashire, son of Enoch Vernon (1777-1850) and ***** ***** (1777-1844). The family arrived in the port of New Orleans 12 July 1849. Joseph died September 1849 and his youngest son George died the next month. He married Mary Margaret Pype/Pape 30 Aug 1825 in Manchester, Lancashire and all 12 of the children were born there. Margaret was born 24 Mar 1804 in Lancashire and died soon after the 1860 census. She married ***** ***** Stoval (1812-1878) about 1851 as his second wife.

Obviously, Francis who died in 1799 could not have been the father of Joseph who was born in 1805.

Please let me know if you need additional information about this.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

Please forgive my typo. I meant to say that the Henry who died in 1799 could not have been the father of Joseph who was born in 1805. There was a William Henry Vernon who married Frances Winn 28 Aug***** Pancras, London, but this wouldn't have been someone who died in 1799 either.

Was there something else you needed for this question?

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. I’m always happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me (hopefully a “5”) when you are done.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Are you still interested in Joseph Vernon? I haven't heard from you since you posted the question.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~