A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I am trying to find my parents marriage certificate

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to find my parents marriage certificate
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I will see if there is anything available, but keep in mind that many states do not make such information available to the public. Kind regards, Schuyler~
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi, Are you telling me that you cannot get me this answer.
Hello, Sorry, I was without computer access for a couple of days, and I've been catching up since I got back home. There is no record of a marriage online for them in Chicago or anywhere in Cook County. You can use the form in the link below to request a copy: http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/vitalrecords/DocumentLibrary/Genealogy%20(Birth,%20Death,%20Marriage).pdf You can request a copy of the license through this link: http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/vitalrecords/DocumentLibrary/Vitals_MarriageandCivilUnionRecordRequest.pdf Not every record for every state is online. Illinois does make marriagee records available after 50 years, so if they were married in Illinois, they should have a record of it. I didn't find a record in any other state that makes its records available to the public. Kind regards, Schuyler~