A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I have a aunt Hilde or Hildegard. She married my uncle Carl

Customer Question

I have a aunt Hilde or Hildegard. She married my uncle Carl Ernest Neumann in 1962 in Berlin, Germany. She was a German national. He was in U. S. Army. He retired in 1964. from the army. I am trying to find my aunts full name and/or date of birth. She lived with my uncle in Virginia from 1962 to 1974. He retired from managing the Fort Meyer officers club and they moved back to Germany. She worked for Saks in Washington. D.c at 610 12th NW so she must have had a social security number and corresponding information about her. This information is for my family genealogy. Can you help me?
Daniel Neumann *****Germantown, Md. ***@******.***
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Daniel, Do you have any idea when Hilde was born? How about Carl Ernest Neumann? Do you know where in Germany they were married? Thanks, Schuyler~
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My uncle Carl Ernest Neumann was born September 9, 1914 in North Tonawanda, New York. Hilde was about the same age so I would say she was born around 1914. They were married in West Berlin in 1962. After they were married they came to the U.S. where Carl became manager of the Fort Meyer Officers Club from 1966 to 1974 and Hilde worked for Saks in downtown Washington, D.C. for roughly the same period. Their last address in 1974 was 915 Lincolnshire in Annandale, Va. where they owned a home. They moved back to West Berlin in 1975.where their last address was at the U.S.Consulate in Berlin.My uncle was career Army from Friday April 25,1941 to Sunday September 30, 1962. He was a CW3 Reconstruction aide during World War II and Korea.
Hi, Is he the one buried in Bath National Cemetery in New York?09 Sep 1914-04 Apr 1992?