A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years

I am trying to find out when my parents were married. JA:

Customer Question

I am trying to find out when my parents were married.
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Genealogist can help you best.
Customer: They were married in Toronto ontatio
JA: Anything else I can tell the Genealogist before I connect you two?
Customer: About 1958, in the Greek Orthodox Church. Mother maiden name was Kourniotis her birth date is sept 30, 1926.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Genealogist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Genealogy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Married name Papadopoulos
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Toronto Ontario
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Her Greek name is ***** ***** different ways, Bessie in English. Dad was Louis, Elia, Elias, Eli, again many different spellings.
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Greek Orthodox church records are not online or in any database. You would need to know the church and apply there for further information. The privacy laws in Ontario are very strict and do not allow the release of civil marriage records to the general public after 1918. However, descendants of the couple can obtain the records. Here is the contact information you will need to obtain their marriage record. Registrar GeneralP.O. Box 4600THUNDER BAY, ONP7B 6L8 I did not find any newspaper account of their marriage in any of the services I subscribe to. Please let me know if you have questions. Best regards, Schuyler~