How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Category: Genealogy
Satisfied Customers: 16059
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
Type Your Genealogy Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find church records ancestor born in

Customer Question

How can I find church records for my ancestor born in Freibreitunger, thuringia in 1682?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 10 months ago.

If the LDS does not have the church records, they probably no longer exist. If they do exist you would need to check for them in the archives in Frauenbreitungen/Breitungen, in Meiningen, or in the capital Erfurt. If you cannot travel there, you can find excellent genealogists at Fees typically are around $75 per hour with a retainer equivalent to several hours' work. They are paid whether the records exist or not.

Sadly, this area was in the Soviet occupation zone at the end of WWII. They carted off truckloads of civil and church records to Russia, and they have never been returned.

Best regards,



Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Meriel,

By the way, I checked all databases, not just LDS. There are no records for either of them.

Was there anything you didn't understand about the answer? I will be happy to explain it for you. If not, I would appreciate a positive rating since that is the only way I am paid for my services.

Best regards,



Related Genealogy Questions