A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I would like to know something about my grandmother who died

Customer Question

I would like to know something about my grandmother Morgan who died in 1907. Her
Maiden name was Klein born in NY and died in Savannah ga.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 11 months ago.

What do you know about your grandmother besides her maiden name and her married name? For instance, what were her given names, when was she born? Where? Who did she marry, when and where? Did they have children (names, when, where)?

Thanks,

Schuyler

~

Hello again,

According to the 1900 census, Julia Klein Morgan was born December 1869 in New York. In the 1880 census, Julia (age 10) was living in Savannah, Chatham Co., GA with her parents John and Catherine Klein, who were both from Bavaria, and her siblings Jacob (age 17), Catherine (13) and Hanicke Klein (6).

Julia Wilhelmina Klein was born 31 Dec 1869 in New York. Her parents moved to Georgia between the birth of Julia in 1869 and Hanicke in 1874. Here is the link to learn more about how to obtain a copy of Julia's birth records: https://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/genealogy.htm

New York does not make vital records available to the general public. One has to apply to them for the information.

Here is the form to use in requesting a death record from Georgia:

http://dph.georgia.gov/sites/dph.georgia.gov/files/Birth-Certificate-Request-Form.pdf

Marriage records in Georgia are only available going back to 1952, so there would be nothing on when she married ***** *****.

Please let me know if you have questions about this.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Hello, Ann,

I hope you found the above information about Julia Klein Morgan useful. If so, I would appreciate a positive rating since that is the only way I am paid for my time in researching for her.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~