A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I am interested in tracking a branch of the Nugents. A

Customer Question

Hi Brendan
I am interested in tracking a branch of the Nugents. A Patrick George Nugent born 1848, Lisleagh, Ballinamult, Clonmel, Co Waterford and died Oct 31 Victoria Australia. He married in Australia. It is when I dig further back that I struggle. I know his father was also Patrick Nugent and he was married to Honora Condon. They had a farm in the area and three sons. Patrick George (aforementioned), William and Edmond. I do not know if the brothers had middle names. Thankyou for your help. Frances Nugent
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Shirley replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure where Brendan is.

If you would prefer to wait for him just let me know.

Otherwise, I would be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Shirley

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm more than happy for you to help me
Expert:  Shirley replied 11 months ago.

Hello Frances,

As it turns out, I think Brendan will be of more help to you than I will. If you were looking for Patrick George Nugent's progeny, then I am sure I could be of some assistance. However, Brendan has access to a few more records than I do and he is much better acquainted with the area and history.

So, I am going to opt out of your question and let Brendan have a go at it.

Thank you,

Shirley

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. Thanks Shirley. I have already lost myself in the minefield of parishes, PLU's, Baronies, townland, etc etc. I think I've worked it out and then aaaaarrrrggghhh
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have got some more info. A Patrick and Michael Nugent received applotments in Co Waterford in 1834. Now I don't know if he was born there or moved there because of the applotment. Not sure if Michael was a brother. Patrick's son Edmond (b 1849) appears in the 1911 census along with his wife Kate and their children. I think this branch of the Nugents still live in Ireland but know little more than I do. I can't remember if I mentioned before Patrick's son, Patrick George (b 1848) emigrated to Australia on the Juliet from Liverpool in 1869 at age 22. I have no dates of birth etc for either Hanora/Honora Condon or Patrick OR town of birth. I think Hanora may have come from Tipperary.
Expert:  Shirley replied 10 months ago.

Hello Frances,

If it's okay with you, I would like to take another look at this.

Would you please supply me with all of the information you have on Patrick (father) and Patrick George?

Any dates, places, family members? The more information you can provide, the more avenues I can use

to locate the information you are seeking.

Thank you,

Shirley

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have absolutely no information on any relatives of the same generation as Patrick and his wife Honora/Hanora/Hanorah Condon. They had 3 children: Michael died 1934, Edmond born 1849 and Patrick George born 1848. I don't have a date of birth for Michael (the youngest). They weren't well off. That's about it. Shipping records have no records of other relatives. Haven't got a copy of Patrick George's shipping record to find his place of origin. Not usually reliable anyway