A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

Cannot find mother, ***** ***** Albiniec, coming to US in

Customer Question

Customer: Cannot find mother, ***** ***** Albiniec, coming to US in 1912
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Born Dolina Poland Austria/Hungary 1892 Parents: John and Mary Albiniec ***** *****'s destination was Brandon Manitoba Canada
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Genealogy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 11 months ago.

For some reason the Just Answer software has obliterated your mother's name:

"Customer: Cannot find mother, ***** ***** Albiniec, coming to US in 1912"

Are you sure she came to the USA and not directly to Canada?

Thanks,

Schuyler

~

Hello again,

There was a Zofia Albiniec, age 17, from Dolina, Galizia who arrived in New York 09 Oct 1913 on the Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse, last from Bremen. However, if she was 17 in 1913, that would make her born closer to 1896 than 1892. The manifest said she was going to her cousin in Chicago. This Zofia married Stanley Jurewicz in Chicago in 1917.

She is the only Albiniec in the immigration records.

Please let me know if this is the one you are looking for.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not the right person. Suspend search.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I wish to suspend my association with JustAnswer. Please cancel my subscription as of today. I am following another avenue in in my research.

You can contact Just Answer at Customer Support at (###) ###-#### They are available 24/7 to help with financial matters.

Those of us who research families have nothing to do with the financial matters, and we are not paid one cent for the work we do unless the customer accepts the answer and leaves positive feedback. I'm sorry the only person I found after searching for quite a while in the immigration records isn't the one you are looking for. She is the ONLY Albiniec anywhere in the immigration records.

You can find private researchers at www.apgen.org. Usual fees are around $75 per hour with a retainer equivalent to several hours work. Of course, they won't find a record that doesn't exist either.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~