A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

What did Evaline Sorensen. I was told that she was a twin an

Customer Question

What did Evaline Sorensen. I was told that she was a twin an died very young. Elsie May survived and later married.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

I'll see what I can find on her.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

California marriage and death records aren't online, so no way to verify when she died. Her birth record is available and shows she was the twin of Elsie May. She was still alive when the 1920 census was taken, listed as Evelyn M. Sorensen. I did not find her in any subsequent census under Evelyn, Evaline or any other spelling, so she must have died between 1920 and 1930. You can apply for a death certificate from San Francisco.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe she died of diphtheria so said my mother-in-law. But my mother -in- law had to quit school and stay home taking care of the children. She was only 11 years old and I don't know how much she really knew. When her mother died after the twins were born.

The only way to learn when and how Evaline died is to get her death record from the San Francisco county clerk. There is an abbreviated death index (that doesn't list cause of death), but it doesn't begin until 1940. You can read more here:

http://www.sfgenealogy.com/sf/sfranlib.htm#sfcc

California is one of many states that makes very little available online to researchers. A family member (with identification) has to pay for the certificates.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~