A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

Ms ***** *****
, A. ***** ***** Who are the parents of

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Ms ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hello A. ***** ***** Who are the parents of Mary Ann (Polly) Carter born 23 Dec.1829 Tennessee or Alabama? Who are the parents of J.R. (John Read) Smith born 24 Nov., 1830 Blount County, Alabama. According to goggle you answered this question four years back. If you well tell me how much you want I will pay.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Genealogy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 11 months ago.

I will see if I can find anything, but most birth records from the Southern states in that era are not available.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

There are no official records online. Other family members have posted that Mary Ann was born in Tennessee, the daughter of Benjamin Franklin Carter and Sarah Clonch. However, Benjamin and Sarah weren't married until 1833, so she may have been the daughter of a first wife, although there is no marriage record or death record to prove it.

***** ***** Smith was the son of Jacob L. Smith and Fanny Reed of Blount Co., AL. I found no records to prove that either, just another posting on ancestry.com.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~