A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

Sir - I am looking to see if the von Bornemann name from the

Customer Question

Sir - my name is*****; I am looking to see if the von Bornemann name from the Copenhagen, DEN area might have some relation to the Bornemann's of ireland. if that's the case, I may some kin on the island. my mother's maiden name is ***** *****
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Hello Shawn,

Do you have any other information? For instance, when and where was your mother born? Who were her parents?

When was Causmus von Bornemann born? When and where did he marry?

Do you have any particular Bornemann family in Ireland that you've been researching?

Thanks,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello,
Thank you for the prompt response. My mother is Henrietta Emilie Von Bornemann. Born June 13, 1938 in Bandung, Indonesia. Her dad was Cosmus Von Bornemann, born June 10,1898 in Djokjarkarta. Her mom was Draga Halkema, born May 17, 1907 in Soerabaja. I am assuming they were married on Java. I am not sure. There is a Karl Bornemann in Cork and a Walter Bornemann in Dublin that I am researching to see if there is some relation. Thus my question to you. Any leads or information that you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks for the help. I look forward to hearing from you. Shawn

Hi, Shawn,

I will check and see what I can find, but records in Indonesia aren't usually available online. You can sometimes find them at a Family History Center on microfilm. Am I correct that Djokjarkarta is the city now known as Yogyakarta in Java?

Thanks,

Schuyler

~