A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I have a badge worn by one of my past relatives. I am

Customer Question

I have a badge worn by one of my past relatives. I am hunting for information on who wore the badge.
The badge information is as followed:
Assistant Sargent at arms. -made of brass
National prohibition convention 1912--blue ribbon
Atlantic city --made of brass
I can not find any information regarding who were the appointed asst. sargent at arms people at that convention.
My guess this item is the only piece that survived after 100 years.
Only a few or one could have been made because the position of assistant Sargent at arms would have been appointed.
Any help or leads would be appreciated.
It is in a perfect condition.
Thanks
Roe Bell
Category: Genealogy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello!!!
Does any one have any answers?
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

I've been working on this for several hours. There is no information available online about who were the sergeants-at-arms for the 1912 convention. If the information still exists anywhere it would be at the Atlantic City Free Public Library. Their archives are not online, nor are the indices. However, people are welcome to visit them and research in person. Here is the contact information:

Atlantic City Free Public Library

1 North Tennessee Avenue

Atlantic City, NJ 08401(###) ###-####/p>

Please let me know if you have questions.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. I, like you came to a dead end. I'll give them a try.
One would think there would a record of the proceedings of that convention or is this another part of history lost forever?
It's intreging!!

I expect that the archives will have local newspaper clippings of the event, which might mention day-to-day proceedings, including names of sergeants-at-arms and other officers. I know they do have newspapers back to the late 1800s up until today, so that would likely be the best resource. They may even have records separated of ALL political conventions held within the city (it would be HUGE, since Atlantic City has always been a popular spot). However, getting to the information will be the hard part. Atlantic City might be a great destination vacation if that fits within your plans for the next year :-)

Warm regards,

Schuyler

~