A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I have a coat of arms passed down along the generations. It

Customer Question

I have a coat of arms passed down along the generations. It is in black and white. How can I find out how to color it?
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

First of all you would need to know whose coat of arms it is. Then there are reference books that describe the arms, including all the colors.

Since it's been passed down in the family, no doubt someone at one point has traced the family history to know from where the arms originated (i.e. to whaqt knight they were originally granted, and the line from that knight to your family).

I'll be happy to have a look if you can post pictures, and let me know more about the family history. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

P. S. This is a request for information, not an answer, so please don't try to rate it. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll have to get back to you on the weekend. That way I can access more information for you. All I know at the moment is it is German and the name is Steinbauer. That's on my mum side.

Thanks. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~