How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Category: Genealogy
Satisfied Customers: 16276
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
Type Your Genealogy Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Madam - Back in July 2012 & October,2012 respectively,

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam - Back in July 2012 & October,2012 respectively, you were very helpful and successful and advising in respect of the search for two separate routes of my family - namely THOMAS PRETIOUS and DOUGLAS A SCOLLICK.
I am now commencing a further investigation into my son-in-law's family routes. I have only just started. I am inquiring as to whether as a start you can report on his maternal grandfather, ***** *****E, born 23/12/1923, Belfast North at 12 Moors Place Belfast. Could you verify -
a) His birth
b) death & where
c) Marriage & where
d) Children of the marriage & whereabouts
Depending on your success, I will possibly make further questions. But the foregoing should be sufficient to commence. However before you commence, please advise what your costing fees for the (a) - (d) will be?
Rob Pretious
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Mr. Pretious, Thanks for contacting Just Answer again. Sadly, there is no public information on births until at least 100 years after the event. Marriages are only released 75 years afterwards, so there is no way to confirm any of the information you request. I did find two ***** *****es in the parish records, but both of them were born in 1921. The records only list the name and year, with no parents, day, month, etc. so they don't have the information you require. The civil registers are available for research in Belfast at the General Register Office of Northern Ireland (GRONI), but one needs to go there to view them. For each 5 year period or part of it, the cost is £5.50. The cost for the registry office personnel to assist in research is £24.00 per hour. Here is the contact information for them:GRONIOxford House49-55 Chichester StreetBelfast BT1 4HLTelephone (028) 9025 2021 You may also contact the National Archives. Their fee for searches is £25 per 15 minutes, including VAT. Here is the contact information.The National ArchivesKew, Richmond, Surrey,TW9 4DUTel: +44 (0) 20 8876 3444 I can check around some more in the few public records available online if you can provide more information about him. For instance, ***** *****e is a very common name. Do you know his entire name? Do you know if he stayed in Belfast or left Ireland for another country? Best regards, Schuyler~