A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

Thank you A Schuyler - I need to find out where the Master J

Customer Question

Thank you A Schuyler - I need to find out where the Master J Graham came from - there is also another J Graham on the ship. I am trying to work out how our ancestor arrived in Australia. We know through his death certificate in 1858 it stated he had been
in the Colony of NSW for 18 years which dove tails around this ships arrival. It also states on his death certificate that he was 26 - so minus 18 makes him a jnr when he arrived to Australia...
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.
Did he marry before his very young death? Is he the one who was shot by police in Yass in 1858?
Thanks,
Schuyler
~
There is no need to open duplicate questions. You can just reply at the bottom of this page.
Here is the text of your duplicate (which I have deleted:
"...What I would like to know is where James Graham and the two Master Grahams J & A Graham came from and information about them before boarding the Hashemy at Gravesend. Are there shipping records showing more details about the passenge..."
I will see what I can find about the three of them, but usually there was no more information recorded than what was on the passenger list, which you've already seen.
It will take a day or two to check all the records.
The other question I had "Was this the who was shot in Yass in 1858?" If it was, I might have some information about his ancestors.
Looking forward to your reply,
Schuyler
~
There were more than 5,000 J. Grahams who were born in the UK between 1830 and 1840.
Could you please answer my question: "Was this the who was shot in Yass in 1858?" If it was, I might have some information about his ancestors.
Without that information I cannot do any more research.
Thanks,
Schuyler
~