A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I'm trying to find out where my parents got married

Customer Question

Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to our site and thanks for requesting me. I'll see what I can find out.
Can you provide me with their complete names and dates of birth? Approximately when and where do you think they may have been married?
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Schuyler
~
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Schuyler,My mother's maiden name was Evangeline Walker Harlan. Her name at the time she married my father, Frank Dillingham, was Eve Harlan Newcomb (the last name of her first husband). Her name after she was married to my father was Eve Harlan Dillingham. Eve Dillingham's date of birth was February 2, 1932.My father's full name was Merwill Frank Dillingham. He went by Frank Dillingham. He was born June 22, 1923.I think they were married on February 5, 1966 in Princeton, NJ. But I need to know exactly so I can order a copy of the marriage certificate to confirm my mother's death certificate.
Hi again,
Laws in New Jersey does not make vital records available to the public for at least 100 years after the event occurred. However, as a child of the couple, you can request a copy of the marriage record from the New Jersey Department of Vital Records. While the application asks for the exact marriage date and place, they will look for you if you don't know the exact information. You will probably need to print out the application
https://vitalrecords.egov.com/CDC.VitalRecordsMVC.Web/Wizard/NJ/CertificateRequest/MarriageRequest
and mail it though. That takes longer than applying online, but it is the best way to get the record. I would give them a call (1-***-***-****) and see if they can speed things along for you.
Department of Health & Senior Svcs
Bureau of Vital Statistics
PO Box 370
Trenton, NJ###-##-####
Phone:(###) ###-####
Fax:(###) ###-####
All the best,
Schuyler
~