A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I have a stone plaque on my wall that reads R.H 1816 and I

Customer Question

I have a stone plaque on my wall that reads R.H 1816 and I would dearly love to know who RH was. Our address is Hardwicke Green,Hardwicke,Hay-on-Wye,Hereford HR3 5HA in the UK
Category: Genealogy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is another plaque on another building at this address which says RH 1836 so I figure that he must have been the owner at this time in history
Expert:  Brendan Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello there, HRH is either her Royal Highness or his Royal Highness, I wonder does RH mean Royal Highness. It was not uncommon if a Royal visited a building to put up a plaque. Is the plaque on an outside wall, the front of the building? Brendan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its on the front of the building but I doubt very much whether royalty would have visited this small farm . I'm thinking more of the owner of the place back then . Do you have access to deeds or census records for these dates ?