HistoryGeek
HistoryGeek, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have a BA in History and a love of all things Genealogy.
69542077

Hi I am Practicia My grandmother was born in Corlattylennon

Hi I am Practicia

My grandmother was born in Corlattylennon c. 1960-1963. How can I find her birth date?
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  HistoryGeek replied 9 months ago.
Hello:

I just wanted to grab this question as well, since you have two out there now, and they are essentially the same.

Peace,
Kari
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

You have given me nothing to reply to. What information do you want? Let me know and I will try and give it to you.

Patricia

So I was just letting you know that I was taking your question and didn't want to leave a second question on the boards. We only have two options for answering folks...the "info request" and the "answer" button. The answer response prompts you to rate us and as I am actually answering your question on the 2nd posting you listed, I didn't want to prompt you to have to rate me yet.

Peace,
Kari
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I am awaiting answer to this question.

I just responded to this on your other question. When I saw the two I mistook them as the same question because this first didn't have any specific info about who I was looking for. But I will definitely see what I can find on Bridget Cappy's birth.

Peace,
Kari

P.S. No additional info needed right now.
Hello:

So I have been unable to find any record of your grandmother's birth under the name Bridget Cappy/Keappock/Cappa (or other variants of the name). I have also tried looking under her father's and mother's names but cannot find records online. As her birth was before civil registration, you will need to check the church baptismal records directly.

I am unable to directly access those as they are not online in any of the databases that I have access to records for. And it seems likely that you will need to look at the copies of the church books to find her. Genuki has a listing of all the Catholic church records in Ireland for that period. Here is the site for County Cavan: http://home.wavecable.com/~colin/genuki/CAV/RC.htm

My best recommendation if you would like to view the records on microfilm yourself, is to order copies through a local family history center (the Genuki site lists the code for these records as LDS). You can find a regional site here https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator and order the microfilms you wish to search online.

It's possible that there was some transcription error on the records you were looking for, so that they do not show up in any of the indices that are online. It's also possible that Bridget's baptismal given name is different.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to find this directly for you, but I do hope that the information I provided helps you find the records you are looking for.

I am also extremely sorry for the mixup with the questions early on, and any inconvenience this caused you.

If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to ask.

Peace,
Kari
HistoryGeek, Internet Researcher
Experience: I have a BA in History and a love of all things Genealogy.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you