Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience:  Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.
69545677

i am looking for Richardson Bowman from north ireland involved

i am looking for Richardson Bowman from north ireland involved in the irish insurrection of 1798
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Shirley replied 12 months ago.

Shirley :

Hello and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be doing the research on your question. If I have any questions or need further information, I will contact you. Thank you, Shirley

Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience: Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.
Expert:  Shirley replied 12 months ago.

I located an excerpt from "History of Mississippi"; "Richardson Bowman was a native of Ireland and came to America because of his connections with the Irish revolt of 1798:...he settled in Covington, Louisiana... he removed to Pike county, in this State (Mississippi), and in 1826 to Yazoo, and settled on the table lands of Big
Black." It goes on to say he became very wealthy and his son Robert Bowman was a judge in Yazoo City.

You still have some research to do before you can locate Richardson's exact place of birth. I have access to all of the records online but the sources you need are not online. You are going to have to go to each county's and/or city's library online catalog and search for the books about the history of the area; like I have done below. If an index page is not available online you will have to contact the library
and see if they can scan a copy of it to you. You should do this with each book you locate. If you locate Richardson, you can either request copies of the pages he is mentioned on or you can request the book through intra-library loan.

St. Tammany Parish Library

http://catalog.sttammany.lib.la.us/polaris/search/title.aspx?pos=1

Title:

Frederick Ellis Research papers, 19??-1981 / Frederick S. Ellis.

Author:

Ellis, Frederick Stephen

Other Title:

Ellis papers

Judge Ellis papers

Description:

3 linear ft. (115
items in 13 file folders)

Papers arranged
topically in manila folders.

Format:

Book

Notes:

Photocopies.

Physical rights are
retained by the St. Tammany Parish Library. Copyright of the original
materials is retained by descendents of writers of these materials in
accordance with U. S. copyright law.

Finding aid
available in the library.

Frederick Stephen
Ellis Research Papers, Louisiana Archives, St. Tammany Parish Library,
Covington, La.

Summary:

Papers pertaining to
the history of
St. Tammany
Parish, Louisiana,
collected during
the author's preparation of the manuscript
for his book "St. Tammany Parish :
l'autre côté du lac."

Contents:

Detailed maps of land grants from the British and Spanish
colonial periods -- Excerpts from the papers of
the Royal Surveyor, Vicente Pintado -- Settlement patterns -- Military
campaigns -- Prominent families on the North Shore.

Subjects:

Ellis, Frederick Stephen.

Louisiana -- Saint Tammany Parish -- History.

Saint Tammany Parish ( La.)

System Availability:

1

Current Holds:

0

Control Number:

209192

Call Number:

Gen 976.312 Ell

Course Reserves:

0

# XXXXX items in:

1

"Certificates of oaths" found in the St. Tammany Parish Courthouse, Covington, Louisiana / copied by Doris E. Holden.

http://catalog.sttammany.lib.la.us/polaris/search/title.aspx?pos=6

Title:

Publisher, Date:

Covington, La. :
Holden, 1980.

Description:

72 p. ; 28 cm.

Format:

Book

Subjects:

Oaths -- Louisiana -- Saint Tammany Parish.

Saint Tammany Parish (La.) -- Genealogy -- Sources.

Other Author:

Holden, Doris, 1922-

Other Number:

10055371

System Availability:

2

Current Holds:

0

Control Number:

92436

Call Number:

GenNNN-NN-NNNNCer

Course Reserves:

0

# XXXXX items in:

2

Index to court records, St. Tammany Parish Court House, Covington, LA / copied by Doris E. Martin Holden.

http://catalog.sttammany.lib.la.us/polaris/search/title.aspx?pos=7

Title:

Publisher, Date:

Covington, LA (90
Dewberry Dr., Covington 70433) : D.E.M. Holden, [1987]

Description:

i, 139 p. ; 28 cm.

Format:

Book

Notes:

"The computer
database containing this information was created by Lena F. Stone Garvin
..."

Subjects:

Marriage licenses -- Louisiana -- Saint Tammany Parish.

Wills -- Louisiana -- Saint Tammany Parish.

Saint Tammany Parish (La.) --
Genealogy.

Other Author:

Holden, Doris, 1922-

LCCN:

89211801

System Availability:

1

Current Holds:

0

Control Number:

95508

Call Number:

Gen(NNN) NNN-NNNNInd

Course Reserves:

0

# XXXXX items in:

1

Thank you,

Shirley

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Dear XXXXX,

I already got hundred of information from United-States since 1810. I also found that he might travel through Belgium and France before to get to the States. What I'll be need, this is to find some information fronm Ireland to guide me and go backward.

Thanks anyway.

Jacques

Expert:  Shirley replied 12 months ago.

Hello Jacques,

Your question/request was "Where was born Richardson Bowman (1779)from North Ireland". I have given you the means to locate the information you are seeking. I cannot do it for you. All of our research is done online. If we were doing research on location it would cost you a lot more money. You probably wouldn't be able to afford it. If you will simply follow my suggestions, you will find the information you are lacking.

And please remember that a Professional Genealogist, just like an attorney or a doctor, is paid for their expertise not for the results of the research. If an attorney loses his case, he still gets paid and if a doctor gives a diagnosis the patient is not happy with the doctor still gets paid.

Thank you,

Shirley

Expert:  Shirley replied 11 months ago.
Hello Jacques,

I'm just following up with you to see how your research is going. I hope you have had some success with the library search.
Sincerely,
Shirley