HistoryGeek
HistoryGeek, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have a BA in History and a love of all things Genealogy.
69542077

Hi i know my great grandmothers Maiden Name but there was a

Hi i know my great grandmothers Maiden Name but there was a lot of Money left to our Family and no one knows what has happened to it , Can you help me or tell me of Someone that can help me with this Regards Peter

My Great GrandMother's Maiden name was Henderson , And she Married my Great Grandfather David Hutchison of Aberdeen Scotland 

Hello:

I'm happy to try to help you. Where and when did your great grandmother die? What was her full name?

Peace,
Kari
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I Think by what i was told by my Mother ,That my Great Grandmother Died in 1962 or 63 ,She was in her late 70s , She Dropped Dead in King Street City of Aberdeen Scotland,, Think it was her Heart ,,

Her full Name Was Elizabeth Mary Hutchison

Her Maiden Name Was Henderson ..

She was Known to everyone as LizzieMary

Sorry but that is all i know for now

Regards Peter

I'll see what I can find to help you in your search.

Peace,
Kari
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

Not a problem. Just an FYI, I am in CA so you may not hear back from me until tomorrow (in your time zone).

Peace,
Kari
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have i really just wasted Money for Nothing .. I Thought i would have had Some Response Back from you Guy's ,So if you have Nothing for me then i Would be Greatfull if you Could Refund my Money i am not going to Pay for Nothing ..

Regards Peter

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you in the past day. As an expert, I work independently on this site and yesterday, I was unable to make time for research. I will get back to you shortly with an answer.

Peace,
Kari
Hello:

So I have found some information for you but it is probably not the full answer you are hoping for.

In order to locate probate documents, you need to know a year of death. So I went online to Scotlandspeople.gov.uk to search for your great-grandmother. I was able to find two Elizabeth Hutchisons listed between 1960-1970 who died in Aberdeen. They both died after 1962, though, so they do not have a viewable copy of the death records on the site. They also do not list enough information to confirm which is your great-grandmother. The first, Elizabeth Hutchison, died in 1968 at the age of 81 in Aberdeen. The second, Elizabeth Mary Hutchison, died in 1970 ate the age of 76. Neither record has information on their maiden names, so you will need to order a copy of the records. I would recommend ordering a copy of the second one first, as the name and age is a closer match. There is a charge from Scotlandspeople for the search and for ordering the copy, and that is not something we can pursue for you through this site.

Once you have the year that she died, then you will need to contact the National Archives of Scotland for a search of their index of wills for that period. Unfortunately, it appears that information is not searchable online, and you need to query them directly for this information. Here is the e-mail address for queries:[email protected]

If you have any questions about the information I've provided, please feel free to contact me.

Peace,
Kari