Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience:  Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.
69545677

John(45) and Etty(40) Creamer, with children Patrick(18), John(12)

Customer Question

John(45) and Etty(40) Creamer, with children Patrick(18), John(12) & Thomas(8), migrated from Kildare via Liverpool in 1858, arriving at Port Adelaide 9 Oct 1858. Their widowed daughter Anne Connor and children William(3) and Kate Eliza(1) emigrated with them. Ann was married to Timothy Connor at Naas in 1854, V8,p375, FHL101245.
I am unable to find birth/bapt records for any of the above, nor marriage for John(45) and Etty, or maiden name of Etty.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Kevin Batley, Victor Harbor, South Australia.
email: 'XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX'
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

Shirley :

Hello and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be doing the research on your question. I will begin with the information you have provided and if I need anything further, I will contact you. Thank you.

Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience: Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have received no answer as yet, just acknowledgement of your reciept of my question.

Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kevin,

Is this all of the information you have on the individuals in this family? Are you sure John's wife's name is Etty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is all of the Ireland info on the Creamers that I have, other than 'Etty's name was 'Esther'. Thought to have met (maybe m.) John abt 1836.

The remainder of info is Australian.

John Snr died 16 May 1890, age 86 at North Adelaide. (b. 1804?)

Esther d. 1 Nov 1871, age 60, Adelaide. (b. 1811?)

Anna Connor (Creamer) married Alexander Crawford, son of James, 4 Jan 1863 in Adelaide. d. 12 Dec 1902, age 65, Adel. (b. 1837?)

Patrick Creamer m. Rebecca Nugent in Adelaide, 18 Aug 1862. d 24 Oct 1895, age 54, Adel. Hosp. (b. 1841?)

John Jnr.Creamer m. Mary Ann Simcock, Nth Adelaide, 3 Feb 1877. d 23 Aug 1881, age 33, Nth Adelaide. (b. 1844?)

Note that ages given in first email, are from shipping records, and emigrants often altered ages to qualify.

regards,

Kevin

Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kevin,

Listed below are the record names and the information they contained. I did locate one family tree online but a lot of the sources cited did not fit the individual.

Australia Death Index, 1787-1985

Name: John Creamer

Death Date: 16 May 1890

Death Place: Adelaide

Age: 86

Residence Place: Adelaide

Registration Place: Adelaide, South Australia

Page Number: 495

Volume Number: 185

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1804

Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950

Name: John Creamer

Father's Name: John Creamer

Spouse Name: Mary Ann Simcock

Spouse's Father's Name: John Simcock

Marriage Date: 3 Feb 1877

Marriage Place: North Adelaide

Page Number: 433

Volume Number: 110

Australia Death Index, 1787-1985

Name: John Creamer

Death Date: 23 Aug 1881

Death Place: North Adelaide

Age: 33

Residence Place: North Adelaide

Page Number: 95

Volume Number: 113

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1848

Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950

Name: Patrick Creamer

Father's Name: John Creamer

Spouse Name: Rebecca Nugent

Spouse's Father's Name: William Nugent

Marriage Date: 18 Aug 1862

Marriage Place: Adelaide

Page Number: 93

Volume Number: 51

Australia Death Index, 1787-1985

Name: Patrick Creamer

Death Date: 24 Oct 1895

Death Place: Adelaide

Age: 54

Residence Place: Adelaide

Page Number: 64

Volume Number: 230

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1841

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Shirley, but you have only confirmed what I already have in the way of Australian info.

I am desparately seeking some Irish information, please assist.

Kevin

Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kevin,

Your question was not specific, but I will take a look and see what I can find for you.

Thank you,

Shirley

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Shirley,

my request is as stated in my first message, that is, in order of preference:

1. The Maiden name of Esther Creamer

2. Irish Marriage details with John snr.

3. Irish Birth details for as many of the family as possible.

regards

Kevin

Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kevin,

The only Irish record I have been able to locate is for the marriage of John's daughter Anne.

Ireland Marriages, 1619-1898

Name: Timothy Connor

Spouse's Name: Anne Creamer

Event Date: 02 Jul 1854

Event Place: Naas, Kild, Ire

Father's Name: Daniel Connor

Spouse's Father's Name: John Creamer

Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M70210-8

System Origin: Ireland-VR

GS Film number: 101359

Reference ID; 2:3DPW5J0

You will most likely have to hire someone to do onsite research for you. At least now you have a location to search. I wish you luck with your research.

Sincerely,

Shirley

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Shirley,

Once again, the information that you have given in your last message, is the same info that I supplied to you, unfortunateley.

As far as satisfaction of the service is concerned, there are 2 points to rate. Firstly your response time has been good, but the quality of new info supplied is zero.

On balance, that only leaves me with an overall rating of Poor to report.

Kevin

Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kevin,

I am not sure if you understand how this website works. You ask a specific question, about a specific person, for a specific detail. After you have received your answer you may ask questions about the answer provided. I have no knowledge of what you pay for your answer, as I only receive a percentage of it, and we never have direct communication. If you were to give me your email address it would be all x's in the message I receive.

All of the research we do here is done online. I pay for several subscription sites out of my own pocket and I have access to all genealogical information online. However, if the information is not online, for whatever reason, I will not be able to find it.

It is very important to me that my clients are 100% satisfied; I am a professional and I always do my best, but even a doctor loses a patient now and then.

I will tale your three clear, direct questions and I will do what I can to find your answers but that does not guarantee that I will find the answer you want or that I will find an answer at all.

Sincerely,

Shirley

Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kevin,

The answers you are looking for are not online. You will have to hire someone to do on site research, but even then I do not know if you will locate anything.

I located a baptism for a John Creamer but it occurred in 1829 and it was very unusual for someone to be baptized, by the Catholic Church, at the age of 25.

Thank you,

Shirley