Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience:  Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.

My grandmothers name was Olga de Zotta. Her futher - as family

My grandmother's name was Olga de Zotta. Her futher - as family tale goes - was a Romanian noble men and his ancestors had family ties with the wildly recognized in Balcans, Cantacusen ( or Cantacuzen or Kantakusen ) family. His name was Constantin de Zotta and his home property was located at the place called Babin near Czerniowce ( now Romanian and Ukrainian border city). Please help me find any reliable information about orygins of Zotta family.
Sincerily yours,
Wojciech Eichelberger
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 6 months ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Josie,

Please go on working on my question ! All I know is included in my first e-mail. But meanwhile I remembered reading in the communist version of Romamian history one sentence about Zotta family. It mantioned Zottas ias "nobel family from Bukowina known from its sensitivnes to peasants poverty" - or something like that.

Now I am certain that I have no any other knowledge to offer you.

Sencierly yours

Wojciech Eichelberger

Hello

Thank you for your reply. I am a moderator, not a genealogy professional who answers questions.

We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator

Expert:  Shirley replied 6 months ago.

Hello Wojciech,

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be doing the research on your question.

There are not a lot of records online for the area but, I will see what I can find.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Good luck Shirley!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear XXXXX, Are you still working on my question? Please let me know.
Regards,
Wojciech Eichelberger
Expert:  Shirley replied 6 months ago.

Hello Wojciech,

Yes, I am working on your question. There are not a lot of records online for the area.

The surname Zotta is seen more often in people from Italy.

I might have better success if we start with more of your grandparents' information;

Full name

Date and place of birth

Date and place of marriage

Date and place of death

Children's names

Then do the same with your great grandparents, and we may need to do the same with your parents.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Shirley

Expert:  Shirley replied 6 months ago.

I do not know how much experience you have with genealogy, so please do not take offense as I try to explain the process.

Start with your parents, listing all of their information and all of their children's information. If there are any gaps in the information, contact someone (a relative) who can give you the missing information. Next you will do your parent's parents, listing all of their information and that of their children. After you have all of this information, it is time to move back another generation to your great grandparents.

We always start with the known, the present, and work backward, proving each connection as we go.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of websites specifically for genealogy and family history research. Start with www.rootsweb.com or www.cyndislist.com, or just do a Google search for genealogy or family history websites.

I am attaching a web address so you can download free, blank, Family Group Sheets. This way you will know what information you need for each individual. You will want to make several copies.

http://store.lds.org/images/estore/products/eng/125_01615000_o06.pdf

The person in the following transcript may or may not be related to you. The name is XXXXX XXXXX to the one mentioned in your question.

New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957

Name: Olga Del Zotto

Arrival Date: 2 Jun 1955

Place of Origin: Michg

Port of Departure: Genoa, Italy

Port of Arrival: New York, New York

Ship Name: Constitution

I wish you luck with your search,

Shirley

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Dear XXXXX,

I gave you all the information I'd been able to find. My relatives and people that could deliver any additional information are gone. Please realize that although I am the youngest offspring of the clan but I will soon turn seventy. Thank you for you advice concerning an internet quest. I have done what I could do by myself - and found nothing. That is why I have looked for a proffesional help from Justanswer. Please do not let me down and make an extra effort.

Greatfully yours,

Wojciech Eichelberger

Expert:  Shirley replied 6 months ago.

Hello Wojciech,

I always do my best to locate answers for all of my clients as I want them to return to me when they once again need help with their research and for you to imply that I do not, is insulting.

They are called "family tales, stories and/or lore" because "somebody once mentioned" or "so-and-so said"; they are unproven theories. If you want to do serious genealogical research you start from what is known (yourself) and work back, proving each detail as you go.

You have given me no facts or even estimations to work with. You have not given me a time and place (two of the most important building blocks in genealogical research)to search. Every instance of the surname de Zotta (del Zotto) etc. that occurs in the results of my online research, originates in Italy.

All of the research in this department is done online. I have access to all genealogical information online. In fact, I have memberships to many subscription sites, which I pay for out of my own pocket. However, none of that matters if the information is not placed online in the first place.

I took your question, even though it was under priced and spent several hours trying to locate an answer for you. A Professional Genealogist's fees are similar to that of an attorney and a doctor, it does not matter if it is good news, bad news, or no news, we still get paid, because we are paid for our expertise.

I wish you all the best in your search,

Sincerely,

Shirley

Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience: Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.