Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience:  Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.
69545677

XXXXX XXXXXph Doherty * 24.7.1864 county Kerry (De Beers file)

Customer Question

XXXXX XXXXXph Doherty * 24.7.1864 county Kerry (De Beers file) = marriage certificate A 183762 of the parish of Matabiele, issued in Pretoria 16 August 1937)
Married after bans, the first January 1899 , in Mr. T. Fleurs house, Matabiele, East Griqueland Maria Susan Marnewecke + moved to Winklespruit where he was living when he died. 28 Dez 1933, Stella wood Cemetery in Durban, Block N 1571 1933

Upon to Mr. A. E. Rogers, Acting Manager, Wesselton Floors ( 16-1-1914)
The statements contained in the report accompanying your letter are correct as far as I know, and would add that Doherty should receive favourable consideration, he being a conscientious and trustworthy servant of this Company.1914 Oct 24 - Transferred to De Beer’s Floors as an Overseer
1915 Jan 14 - Transferred to Wesselton Mine Compound, Guard
1915 Feb 21 - Defence Forces “S A V R”
1915 Oct - joined Cape Province Rifles
1916 Aug 31 - Returned from Active Service. Transferred Wesselton Floors, aulage
Hand
1917 Mar 23 - Joined Native Labour Contingent
1917 Apr 02 - Returned from Active Service, Wesselton Floors, Haulage Hand
1921 Mar 16 - Transferred to Special List
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Shirley replied 10 months ago.

Shirley :

Hello and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be doing the research for you. You never really ask a question but, I am assuming you want to know who James' parents are? As soon as I get confirmation I will begin research. Thank you, Shirley

Customer:

yes Shirley I would like to trace JamesJosep´s line, the only one in my project remaining in the midle XIX. It hasn´t be easy so far. I wish you better capacity

Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience: Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.
Expert:  Shirley replied 10 months ago.

Hello Manuel,

I was only able to locate one James Doherty born in 1864 in Kerry, Ireland.

Ireland, Births and Baptisms, 1620-1911

Name: James Doherty

Gender: Male

Baptism Date: 9 Oct 1864

Baptism Place: Roman Catholic, Currow, Kerry, Ireland

Father's Name: Ty. Doherty

Mother's Name: Cath. Donnelly

FHL Film Number: 823803

I would say his father's name is XXXXX XXXXX and his mother's name is XXXXX XXXXX Before you convince yourself that this cannot possibly be him, consider this is a baptismal record and it is quite possible that his parents waited three months to have him baptized by a Catholic priest.

Take some time and do a little research and then get back to me and let me know what you have discovered/decided.

Thank you,

Shirley

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Dear XXXXX Hello

It would be unfair not presenting myselfe as a professional researcher on Midle Age team of CEPESE with work published in England and PhD in medieval History, wit post PhD already finished..

If you feel like it lplease have the goodwil to explain me how did you.

selected this ascendence.

This because I have visited the Currow sources avaible to me (you certainly , as a genealogist, have larger ressources ) and had picked up a certain James born 24.7.1864, Killeigh Firies County Kerry birth nº n.º 170; precisely son of John Doherty,married Killarney liv B p 49, n.º 9, with Ellen Myres, paternal great son of James Doherty of Currow, married 5.2.1838 Killleentierna p. 18 wit Honora Leary.

But the sources were so scarce that I .was not able to be conviced.

Humbly I confess not beeing a geneologist and, as a researchermy formation allways need a certain clic that says it might match.

Apologising for the time I took to explain muself

Yours gratefull

Manuel de Mendonça

Expert:  Shirley replied 10 months ago.

Hello Manuel,

Thank you for the kind rating and the generous bonus.

The source for the information I provided is;

Ancestry.com. Ireland, Births and Baptisms, 1620-1911 [database on-line]. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.

Original Data: Ireland Births and Baptisms, 1620-1911. Index, Salt Lake City, Utah: Family Search.

Description: This database is an index containing details extracted from a variety of Irish birth records.

I hope this helps.

Shirley

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello Sirley

1 Will y be lead to the conclusion thatat the James I found does not appear in this source ?

2 Perhaps we might take notice that both proposals end in CURROW. Is it a small village or one of the few in Kerry that still have sources? My sources in Portugal in certain cases go bak to 1540.

3 If yoy have enough sources to conclude That Currow wasn't choosed because it is one of the few "logos" that have informations, and consider that it was not a shot in the dark, them my James of Currow and Your Tyrone, living in a small or midle size village might be related......

The the <> was not the final one,, and the generous bónus, is above the fees I normally pay. But don´t get ofended I´m not the kind of guy that acepts a general information and feels happy, we researchers try harder. This case study needs dedicatin. Payd dedication of course, counting your work hours. If you fel like it contact me XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX Believe me we both migt gain from a direct and free Exchange of impressions .

Kind regards

Manuel

Expert:  Shirley replied 10 months ago.

Hello Manuel,

Although I would love the opportunity to have a free exchange of ideas with you, I am unable to contact you directly. You are correct, "we researchers do try hard", and that is the only thing I dislike about the Genealogy category at Just Answer, all of our research is done using online resources. But honestly, I do not see any other way they could offer "answers in minutes". If we were doing onsite research. I would have to sleep at the local genealogy library.

As a wise man once said, "Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life". I look at it as something I get to do and consider myself very fortunate.

I say all of this not only to explain how Just Answer works but also to let you know that there is nothing more I can do for you. I wish you the best of luck with your research,

Sincerely,

Shirley

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello Shirley

It was very kind of you to explain me the reasons why you had to follow a certain path.

I fully acept your explanation and strongly wish you also the best of luck with your Work

Sincerely

Manuel

Expert:  Shirley replied 10 months ago.

Hello Manuel,

It is refreshing to have someone understand how things work here. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will always do everything I can to locate the information you are seeking.

Thank you,

Shirley