Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience:  Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.

Have traced my paternal grandfather to a 1861 Wales census.

Have traced my paternal grandfather to a 1861 Wales census. However it states that although his parents were born in Wales UK, he was born as a British subject in Philadelphia USA. How or where would I be able to search to obtain his birth certificate?

Shirley :

Hello and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be doing the research on your question. I need full information about your grandfather ie. When and where was he born? What were his parents' names (Mom's maiden name)? What was his wife's name and when and where was she born? When and where were they married? His childrens' names, dates and places of birth. I await your reply, Shirley

Customer: Hi shirley,
Customer: Okay, My Grandfather- Name Edwin Gage Morgan, born 1859 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA ,a British subject.
Customer: His Father was Edwin Henry, born approx 1835, born Gloucestershire ,England
Customer: His Mother was Temperance Mary Howells born 1832, born Monmouthshire, England.
Customer: His wife was Annie Elsmore James, born 1870. They married in 1890, Edwin Gage died in 1906, They had 3 children , Jessie, Dorothy and Edwin, he was born in May 1891 and died in 1962
Hello, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know, otherwise, no need to reply. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unless I'm missing something, I cannot see that any of my question has been answered .Happy to be proved wrong that I feel ripped off.

I do apologize for the delay in getting an answer for you. I had a family emergency. The message you received about rating your answer is on an automatic email and the rating you gave, given what was going on, is expected. However, I ask that you change the rating you gave me to a 3 or higher to ensure I get credit for my work. Thank you for your patience.

Statewide registration of births began in 1906. Copies are available from the Division of Vital Statistics, State Department of Health in Newcastle, Pennsylvania. Records prior to 1906 were kept (by the Registrar of wills) in individual counties or cities, some as early as 1852. Visit their website for additional information and to
request a copy online.

It should only cost $10.

Thank you,

Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience: Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.