Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience:  Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds looking for two sisters i did not know about. They were

This answer was rated: looking for two sisters i did not know about. They were both adopted so how do i go about finding them.

Shirley :

Hello and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be doing the research on your question. I will need some additional information to get started. Please provide what you know. Please tell me your story; why do you think you have two sisters that were adopted out? How did you discover this? What are your parents' - names (mother's maiden name), dates and places of birth, marriage, and death (if deceased)? Do you know your sisters' - names, dates and places of birth? Any additional information you can provide is appreciated. I ask for all of this additional information as I am operating on the assumption that you would like me to see what I can locate. Thank you Shirley

My 2 sisters names areXXXXX born in Surrey in 1938 and Sylvia M. Chiaporri born in Surrey in 1941. My mother's maiden name was Annie Rosetta Chiaporri and she was born in Surrey on the 11th July 1915 and she died on the 31st December 1968. My father was William Slater Forster born on 25th October 1901 and he died on the 10th December 1969. I think that my 2 sisters were adopted as they didn't live with me and the rest of our family. My half brother Tony Chiaporri told me that I have 2 half sisters. I don't know who Tony, Pamela and Sylvia's father is. My parents Annie Rosetta Chiaporri and William Slater Forster got married in August 1946. Hopefully this is the information you require to go further forward. Many thanks XXXXX

Shirley :

Hello Michael, Thank you for the information. I have started the research and I am running into a problem. Do you know where William Slater Forster was born, or where he died? I am finding two males with the same name, born five years apart. Thank you, Shirley

william slater forster was born 25th october 1901in burslum in staffordshire and he died on the 10th of december 1969 in elstree in Hertfordshire. Hope this helps regards michael

Hello, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know, otherwise, no need to reply. Thank you for your patience.

I do apologize for not having answered your question in a timely manner. However, I had a family emergency and have not been on the computer for a couple of days. I will be back online in the morning and you will have an answer shortly. Please do not submit a rating until you have received your answer.

Hello Michael,

I located birth information for both Pamela and Sylvia but it does not give the parents' information other than the mother's last name was Chiappori. This is an uncommon name in England, its origin being Italy.

Locating adopted relatives is difficult at best. Start with every relative, who might know something about it. Do not discount your cousins; people love to talk
especially if there was some type of "scandal" in the family.

Visit the websites below (and search for more like them) and register with each. If one of your sisters is registered you will be notified.

Your next step would be to contact every Chiappori in the English phone book. I know this sounds intimidating but you have to consider two things; "do I really want to
find them" and how much money do you want to spend. I know you want to find them but how much work are you willing to do yourself?

When you have done everything you are able to do, hire a Professional
Genealogist ( or a Private Detective that specializes in locating adoptees.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience: Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.